The Latest Forum Posts

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Thank You!





I am so glad to have your found website. I am obese. Although I didn't  know this because I was in such denial....until my husband finally said something to me. My weight gain is starting to bother him. In 10 years (four kids too) of our marriage, I gained 60 lbs.

I went from 130 to 190 lbs (I'm 5'1 so this is a LOT!).  Inspite of this, my hubby still says how beautiful and sexy I am everyday, which contributed to my denial.  Before our last child (8 months now), I managed to lose 50 lbs on atkins diet. I felt great and then when I had a miscarriage and then a successful pregnancy after that, I just gave up on my diet and just gorged everything in sight.

When my husband told me that it's starting to bother him (our sex life hasn't suffered yet, thankfully), my first reaction was to be upset. And then it went to "you don't love me" and "if you truly loved me, you wouldn't care whether I am fat or thin." And then, a realization. I wanted to be objective about this so I looked up, "when your wife is fat" and the first webpage that came up was this site.

Boy, I am so glad that I clicked on it because it gave me the objectivity I needed.  Everything that my husband said regarding my weight gain echoed in the pages of this website but I wasn't upset reading them.  In fact, it shed a LOT of light and I think it is the motivation that I need. I just wanted to say thank you.

posted by  sunnydae on  Matilda Tuesday's My Fat Spouse Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find us at again at myfatspouse.com