The Latest Forum Posts

Saturday, May 1, 2010

New Trousers Again!

Personally, I agree with the Fat Acceptance Movement in some regards. I agree that obese people are treated poorly almost everywhere and looked down but I do not believe that the media is fat-hater or just that there is some kind of conspiracy against the fat or whatever.

I do not agree that one can't lose weight because of genetics or hormones. My mother is an endocrinologist and she has treated many patients with that hypothyroidism have succesfully lost weight and kept it off. If this disease is controlled, there is nothing to stop you from losing weight. Same with diabetes. I also do not believe that losing weight is hating yourself and that it won't bring any health benefits whatsoever at all. And I could carry on, but anyway...

I am 20 years old and have yo-yo'ed the whole of my life. I deeply regret this now because I would easily lose 30-60 pounds and every time I would put on the weight back I would put even more on! And now I wish I would have never done this to start with. It has taken me a long time to understand that losing weight is not something temporary but it's for life. And I am working on that. I've lost 35 lbs and have about 55 lbs more to go.. but I have been losing it really slowly. It has taken me about 6 months to get to where I am but I have never starved myself or deprived myself or anything. I just went to do something realistic that I could stick to. I walk more now and just eat a little less. Not hard at all once your body gets used to it. I do still slip sometimes but I never allow myself not to get back up again.

I decided to lose weight because it was affecting the quality of my life. I felt like there was so much I wanted to do but couldn't because I was so damn fat. And I was in a lot of denial, thinking that I was just fine and wasn't that fat at all (until I saw my pics and couldn't believe it was me!) I also believed that my health was perfectly fine even though I had started to get knee pain and stuff, would almost die when going up the stairs, couldn't run etc. But I also found out that my insulin was really really high and my blood sugars slightly high. I have corrected this and I am so happy.

I went to the shops the other day because I needed new trousers (again) and was so delighted when I had dropped another size. It feels truly amazing.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the site. In here, you will find many resources for weight-loss.



posted by  Fat Girl on the My Fat Spouse Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find us at again at myfatspouse.com