The Latest Forum Posts

Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Fat Husband on the Forum.

I do not intend to become an active contributor, but some meathead on another part of this forum posted scandalous, nasty stuff about how 'mean' and insensitive some folks are on the My Fat Spouse site for merely dealing with a problem openly and honestly. My coffee was particularly strong this morning and I unloaded on that sanctimonious, victimized twit. I had to register to do that, so here I am.

Anyway, I'm staring down the barrel of 40 years old in a few months. I'm the fat body in this relationship. Not too-too bad considering both my parents and a brother are whales. But at 6'0" and 230 pounds...soft and weak... yeah, I was starting to disgust myself.

My wife is 5'2" and 115... her blessed heart would probably put up with me no matter how disgusting I might become, but it doesn't mean she'd enjoy it or not feel a twinge of embarrassment at social functions. It's normal. It's REAL. And for all all the Oprahfied, "Fat Acceptance" types out there... just stay within your own circle of appeasers and enablers until you are ready to take charge of your life.



I've recently re-engaged cycling as a sport I passionately embraced as a teenager. A lot of things have happened in the past 20 years including a near fatal illness that left me with a good deal of pain. But I got to the point where I had to get back in the game of life, or just start winding down and prepare to die.

5 months after getting back up on an old mountain bike I've improved a bit. A lot actually. I've been challenged in sprints by 5 or 6 of my sons middle school classmates on the afternoon ride home and not one of them can catch me. hehehe... "get off my lawn"!

So I went and bought a new proper road bike. My kids join me several times a week. The car stays parked most of the time. Now I look forward to losing a bit more gut and becoming more toned and alive.

Thank you for this Forum. Nice to meet you guys.

"Mcgyver" posted this on the My Fat Spouse Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find us at again at myfatspouse.com